Wednesday, December 09, 2009

What can you say..

I need to get up and create a driveway. But..

- Hot Yoga again! This time I dressed appropriately, brought water, and survived! Perhaps not the mindblowing experience of last time, but delicious!

- Tried Yoga Sculpt. It was a poor decision, although I may go again. (pleasepleaseplease let not the 23 year old yoga instructor think that the classics station is perfect background for body rock. Jon Bon Jovi, unless drunkenly sung at a wedding, is nasty.)

- "Yoga Sculpt" handed my ass to me. Ow.

- This studio (I feel like a tool saying studio) is not about happy-making yoga. This is get-fit-and-talk-about-your-abs yoga. I like the exercise, but miss the happy-making yoga. I will go on search for happy-making yoga. Until then, my "abs" feel super special.

- It's such a weird mix of people. There's people who look like me, then there's suburban housewives, there's generally two business men, and then there's people who are probably fire dancers and models in their real life. (The firedancers and models come to class in dreads, earrings and little else. Amongst the suburban housewives dressed in Calvin Klein yoga gear. Fascinating!)

Beyond that...

- I've gone to some auditions, I've taught, I've worked, I've seen some lovely people..

- Spiked opened! Delightful! Again, secret code of "Santa" gets you discounted tickets, yes. :)

- I've been basically circling. Not really getting anything done - - just maintaining. My house is basically clean (even if it needs repair), my laundry is kinda clean (it's folded!), the dishes are kinda clean, the pets are basically healthy (gotta dope Pickles' ears).. Maintain maintain. Anything new or created? Not so much. ... Except for my 2009 Xmas mix, which doesn't really count. If you would like a copy, I will be sharing with you as soon as I see you in real life.

Time to shower and freeze..

Onward!

2 comments:

Voix said...

I heart your blog. Hot yoga sounds scary. I only do trendy health club yoga and they always go too fast.

Matt K said...

Hello Jen! I have just happened upon your blog and I heart it also. Some general thoughts:

- Create a driveway?

- I am 36 years old and I know from Spectacled Bears, oh yes.

- I currently live by some traintracks, and the screaming hobos, while initially charming in an old-tymey way, have begun to grate.

WAIT NOW, it is important that you understand that I'm Matt, the very tall man who recently moved to New York/New Jersey. (New Yorksey?) Hi!

I hope to see more bloggins' from you soon. Some of those who know me would rail at my temerity, requesting more Internet material from someone, so astoundingly terrible at producing such material as I am. Some of them would use profanity! Oh, how have I fallen in with such a crowd?