Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A month between blogs.. really?

Yesh. I have spent the last month thinking inward, not outward. Plus, it's been busy!

- At one of the places I work, I have a new boss. As I'm a contractor there, I just met her. We reveled in Minneapolis Transplantism for a bit (I've been here 10 years.. I have no excuse). For herself, she would love to move back to NYC, but acknowledges that she would have to get a roommate, and "I [she] kinda hate people." Granted, if I screw up, she's gonna pull no punches and it's been made clear she has free-range to not hire me any more, but.. I think that's good. I like her. :)

- NERD ALERT. It's been out that for over a month Amanda Palmer & Neil Gaiman have been been dating, and I missed it. I have lost literal gallons of nerd street cred.

(I had just been scanning their blogs - not actually reading their blogs, as lately my attention span has gone bye-bye - and wondering if they were possibly, and yes. They both announced it over a month ago. I suck.) They may actually be the entirety of my celebrity-nerd obsessions, and now they're smooching!! I win!! Maybe Mr. Neil will take Ms. Palmer to Minneapolis to see some long form improv, and blow all of our minds. (Josh Hartnett has come. Why not these lovely people?)

- There was an Improv Festival! We went to a cabin! I saw my mom!

- Despite the soon to be busy-ness of the next month, it's good. And after that, whoa nelly, there's some stretching and breathing room. I think.

This was a vaguely lamers blog for my first one back. Ah well.

Onward.

No comments: