Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Life's hard.. But it ain't that hard.

Happiness is an inside job, true. And if you have your health (and are lucky enough to have friends and family too), you're doing damned good.

Not being prepared for the painters to start working on the house.. and thinking you had extra house keys but none of them work.. and so your roommate who works second shift has had to deal with the contractors -- yeah. Usually I'm better prepared than this, or I try to be. Usually I'm in town.

It's all working (by the grace of roommate and contractors), but.. I thought it was all supposed to have been done last week.. Given that, you'd think I would have put some thought into what the contractors might need. Like house keys. Gah.

The reason I'm out of town is that I'm in Sioux City (our airport code is SUX. Thankfully, awesome people have taken advantage of this gift. See above) visiting mom. The "What I'd like more of in 2010" goal of "see Mom every season" is almost complete! That's good, as my "listen to more classical music" goal hasn't amounted to poop.

Onward.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Life can be pretty boring without the occasional bout of change of pace aka excitement and adventure. It's all good. Signed sincerely the roommate.
P.S. You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when I get a mention here! My inner Leo is purring.