Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Candy Crush / Bejeweled / Time Suck Guilt Juice

I have decided that playing my little phone game (I don't Candy Crush. I have no idea what Candy Crush is. I play Bejeweled. Alas, was there such a time suck?) is akin, to me, to drinking.

Instead of watching my beautiful child's development and how he's basically managed to twist around on his own (this shit is amazing), I played Bejeweled while in the same room as him. It occupies the same indulgent, sometimes guilt, space. And I don't have access to a whiskey sour. If I had a whiskey sour, I would probably be guilty of drinking while in the same room as my beautiful son, as he discovers the joy of cartoon owls.

I could also be using these Bejeweled moments to WRITE or to get decent at the ukulele or blog or call my mom. But my mom is asleep, my ukulele is thousands of miles away, and I WILL write some today, goddammit. I will also watch my beautiful child. And play some Bejeweled.

On my mind:
 - http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
 - http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/11/hipsters_on_food_stamps.html

By the end of the year, I hope to take a hip hop dance class. It could be a repetition of two years ago's tap class, but.. NO MATTER!

Ah.. now my child has stuck his foot through the bars of the crib and appears stuck.

Onward.


  

No comments: