Friday, June 05, 2009

I've been targeted...

Went to see "Little Ashes" with dear friend Jim tonight. My goodness, what an inconsistent movie, featuring that vampire boy and the excellent Javier Beltran. Ehhh? EHHHHH??? The settings were beautiful, the costumes were beautiful -- I couldn't tell if that Vampire Boy was a good actor or not - - and neither could Jim. It was NOT a GOOD movie (so inconsistent! So cheesy and then not! So.. What!?!?), but it was still strangely engaging. Probably the work of that damned sympathetic Mr. Beltran. Curses!

While at the beautiful Lagoon, the powers-that-be decided to show the trailer for "Away We Go", which looks like "Juno" for grown-ups, and of course, made me cry. Dammit! I've been targeted - - I am this movie's target audience.

a) I'm in my early 30's, in those waning years of GenX.

b) Listen to the soft, Nick Drake-like soundtrack! Not overproduced, yet clean and aching. Dammit!

c) I find Dave Eggers writes in a voice that my subconscious wants to drive around in the loop with. And then find "the loop" itself ironic, yet fascinating.

d) I love Flight of the Conchords. I read Bust Magazine (sometimes. Magazines are expensive.) A goodly chunk of my wardrobe maybe about as old as I am.

e) Snap pearl buttons? YES. Army jacket? Done it! Semi-ironic sunglasses? Oh, why not?!

f) Look at that cast! Just.. you know.. look at them! Don't we love them?!

g) It IS Juno for adults, isn't it. *sigh*

h) I can't wait to see it.

I think my washer might be broken. :( This sucks.

Onward.

1 comment:

Sam Jones said...

The washer may be broken? Noooooo! Say it ain't so. I been using the perm. press setting....last time I used it...week & half ago? it was fine. Shall I refrain from laundry until there is confirmation?