Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hangnails take the fun out of touching stuff

We did it! I headed down for Sioux City for my family's first "winter" holiday without my dad. We, honestly, were just so happy to be together, there wasn't much room for melancholic sadness. It's still there, sneaking it's head around the corner, but my sister and mom and I were just happy to be in the same room, and chitterchat. Brother in law Ben has aces and gold stars waiting for him in heaven, as he survived all three of us, two cats, and a manic schnauzer. Thank you, Ben!

While in SUX, saw awesome friend Harrison, and we went to a local live production of "The Wizard of Oz". It was insanely Sioux City... endearing but weird and a little wrong and sometimes brilliant!

a) Wrong but also brilliant: 10 year old boys in HUGE fake mustaches, talking in funny voices
b) Wrong but also brilliant: Everyone copying the voices of the actors in the movies
c) Wrong but also brilliant: An adult man in a full zip up lion outfit and full face make up
d) I could go either way: Scarecrow was super GGGggAY! I've never thought of the scarecrow like this, and I kept thinking about Micheal Jackson in "The Wiz" and... I think it works!
e) I could go either way: Saying your line, having a flash pot go off, and then turning around and then awkwardly leaving stage. (also, when you're melting, pushing your witch's hat back up onto the platform when it starts to fall down the hole after you)
f) Simply brilliant: Fake noses of the winkies (the Wicked Witch's guard) 12 people in identical fake noses moving in unison
g) Simply brilliant: the level of non-ironic commitment everyone had to dressing up in these head to toe costumes
h) Simply brilliant: the four feet the poor kid in front of me jumped when the WWW appeared.

So... Commitment! That's what I learned about in SUX. Bless 'em.

Last night, I had my 3rd experience with Guitar Hero II. Joe - - I think I can play it now. Can I come over and be part of your band? Love, Jen

No comments: