Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good things...

A (poorly written) treatise -

- Martini's with Butch. I always thought it would be Guinness with Butch, but nope! Martini's with Butch is just as good, if not better.

- Mixed Tape! Indeed! These magical audience keep appearing. Justin Pierre of MCST asked the crowd, "Who here was born before 1980?" and maybe 4 people out of 80 raised their hands. Needless to say: a) I am technically fully a person who is technically fully an adult in the eyes of everyone, b) the kids are alright. Thank you, awesome mysterious teens & early 20s who have come to Mixed Tape! :)

- Mystery Cafe cast is the best in the world. Straight on.

- The MC stage manager added some of his own mix to the soundtrack, and not only do we now hear Fleetwood Mac circa 1987 BUT Bruce Springsteen circa 1987. Seriously. "Tunnel of Love" is one of my favorite Springsteen songs. (And "Learning to Fly" one of my favorite Pink Floyd's. It's wrong, yes. But so GOOD!!!) He also played "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. (from Out of Time, an album of much perfection in tiny-me's eyes), which made me laugh as we were in the middle of a big, loud, audience-interactive murder mystery. Can I deeply express how I feel about sexual identity issues while solving pretend crime with sleuth sheets and cheesecake? I say, resoundingly, yes.

- I'm honing my age guessing skills. I've got kids down to about 80% accuracy. People my age - - doin' pretty well. For better or worse, human live about 10 decades, so I have only 10 or so decades to get a handle on, which seems doable. And kind of sad and strange and sweet too. (or.. um, creepy)

- Podcasts. That took long enough. I am a podcast downloading fool.

- I'll be traveling the next couple of days. I am very lucky: it should be amazing, but also bittersweet. It's still not real to me.. at all. But I'm packed, for this very unreal place. More to come! I feel a tad crazy, packing for what I do not know. (it's like creating my own personal bomb shelter, but in carry-on luggage.)

Bisous!

And onward.

1 comment:

Uisge said...

Might I suggest Savage Love and Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me?