Saturday, January 24, 2009

I erm back-ish...



No, I really really back. However, I'm experiencing Morning Crappiness, something that hasn't been popping up too much of late.. *sigh*

The traveling was beautiful. Amazing. Astounding. Very much unexpected and ka-pow. Back to the rest of life, get on with it.

While a'traveling, I've been working on "The Black Swan" by Nassim Nicolas Taleb. Even if, yes, some of the reviews say that he's redundant, I say nay. He just approaches the subject from a couple of different views to wallop you with the point. Plus, he's beautifully cranky. A joy to read. Crank crank crank.

Basically, he says that:
a) bell curves are crap
b) people who make predictions are liars
c) you CANNOT predict, but you can generally prepare
d) go to parties. Serendipity happens when you engage with people. If you can't go to parties or don't want to, send a representative that does.
e) live in big cities. This increases you serendipity-through-people quotient.

Neat. Plus, he's super cranky.

Ka-Baamm!! has been a hoot! Yeaa!!! Only two more to go! (b00000!!) Here's hoping for more superhero-y fun. :)

Things are sort of on-hold at the Museum, and in general, for a lot of other things. I'm grumpy today, but it's the morning and I'm still a little jetlagged and a little sad. Things to be focused on for happy:

a) Spring. Only two more months of possible crap. That's not bad. (My sister just says to just "move someplace warm". My sister is very wise.)
b) Cinnamon rolls. I am an emotional eater. Cinnamon rolls and pastries and tea sound wonderful right now.
c) I hope Adorable gets into CIF. It's cool if we don't. But it'd be exciting if we did.
d) Finishing stuff on my house and being excited about it.
e) Figuring what comes next.

I'm achin' to get out of here. But, there's things to be taken care of first. Like a house and kitty cats and dogs and the like. Not that I'm goin' anywhere soon. But it's very satisfying and rash-feeling to be all "f this s#!t". But again, we'll see.

I really want to be somewhere, where it rains. Remember rain? Remember a dew point? I know I'm solar powered, and this sun is nice, but man... moisture sounds awesome. And maybe a tiny little deck off of a brownstone.

Two jobs today, but brunch tomorrow!

Onward.

No comments: