Monday, January 05, 2009

I will post now!! And then meet the auditor..

Just a quick post, as the world is whispering that it's time to go..

A very full, very lovely weekend! yea!!

Friday - PG wanted to relax, so I bundled myself up and hauled my butt to the BNW's Xmas Show, assuming that all the world would be done with holiday shows. Alas, no. It was sold out, and runs through the end of January. Tricky!

The show was friggin' delightful. Nice work all! They were nice enough to let me play set with them afterwards. Thank you! :)

Miss Crystal was in town!! For this, Lauren then created a caravan to the Front. Ahh, the Front. You make me giggle. It was a good night for dancing, I met two new friends, and DJ Dirty Duke limited his Jackson Five output - - the man believes that, whatever party you're creating, all you need is some Jackson Five. This is a lie, Mr. Duke, despite what you and many many people seem to think. My love for the Jackson Five is tarnished due to over-playing. Yes. Little kids should dance to Jackson Five and be adorable. Embittered drunken 30somethings however... I guess should dance to J5 also... *sigh*

Saturday: Museum was again filled with nice people (yea!), and then PG and I watched.. Dirty Dancing. Oh my god.

- It's been 20 years. Literally.

- Every line in that movie ends with an exclamation point.

- It's SO dramatic!!!

- It actually kept my attention. That Swayze fellow can dance. ...And so can his mullet.

- Why didn't this become a musical? Did it become a musical? Probably. Was it horrible??? Possibly.

- Dirty Dancing is basically grinding and making "sex" faces at each other. And sometimes you wiggle. Got it.

- It was also fun to see 1980s fashion takes on 1960s styles. High waisted jeans, as far as the eye can see.

Sunday - We went cross-country skiing! Oh my goodness! I've been downhill skiing, but the last time was about a decade ago.

- It was fun!

- Another example of how man has strapped himself to simple machines (wheels, elephants) for fun and mobility.

- Lean forward, bend at the knees. Something us humans generally aren't too good at. World peace might be possible, if we all could lean forward and bend at the knees.

- Much like hiking in the Grand Canyon, it's an activity done in beautiful setting, but you have to continually stare at your feet. At least, I do. Arghh!

- I fell down, a lot. I kind of enjoy falling down in moments (i.e. non-cement) like this.

KA-BAAM!! previewed at Improv A Go Go last night!! OHHHHH!!! Huzzah! Good times, true believers.. We open at the Bryant Lake Bowl this Thursday, and run through February 5th! Please come see!

Okay. Time to go, lest my auditor is early.

Onward.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Imagine teaching your kids about 80s fashion via Back to the Future movies. :) Did that over Thanksgiving break! :)

purplesquirrel said...

Yes, it exists:

Dirty Dancing the Musical

David Jennings said...

I wish:
I was there for that BNW show
I had seen you play set
I was there to watch that Ka-baam

But, alas, I am not upset about being here, just wish I could be both places