Monday, January 12, 2009

Pants check! Yes, they're there.

Whoawwwww... It's been a roller coaster of a week, and it's not stopping anytime soon. Thrilling and bumpy and one must check their pants, just to make sure that they're still there. *whimper* I'm just kind of ..tiiiired...

- Twin Cities Live came and videotaped the Everyday Improv I class I'm teaching. John Haynes was there and did AWESOME. And the peeps in the class itself. AWESOME.

- I've taken a break from "Smilla's Sense of Snow", as I fear the way it's possibly messing with my dreams. Maybe it's not the book, just the roller coaster week, but again, my dreams were super vivid last night. Like "here is all you want plus a Hardee's Ham & Cheese" vivid.

- There's a sex act on page 193 (or so, depending on your edition) in "Smilla's Sense of Snow" that I've so far checked with THREE people to see if that's possible. Honestly. Have I not been 'in the know'? Is this act part of what everyone does during, um, stuff? As Steph said, "it sounds like a bladder infection for both people". I agree. But seriously. I will continue asking people and get back to you. Plus, there's no better conversation starter... Or ender.

- Watch "Matchpoint" on Saturday. We thought it was going to be a comedy - - Woody Allen, you know. We guessed wrong. Lovely casting, lovely dialogue - - and much like Smilla's Sense of Snow, you know that after investing in these lovely chatty people, that HORRIBLE THINGS WILL HAPPEN. YEEEARRRGH. Did I like it? I don't know. (Hey look! Brian Cox! Being not scary!) Does Scarlett Johnannsen have really sensual lips? Um. Yes. Woody Allen might really really like Miss Scarlett's lips.

- "Mixed Tape" at ComedySportz on Friday was a hoot! YEAA! Jill & I went to Mortimer's afterwards. I haven't been to Mortimer's in.. um.. years. But we were served possibly the nicest cocktail waittress in Uptown. We visited a friend who was having a birthday, and who was, subsequently, taken town by a train of shots around 1:00 a.m.. NOOOOOOOOOoooo!! (I'm so sorry to have added to the shottrain, and hope that he's okay.)

- Four hours of teaching improv on Sunday was actually great. What a great class. I am stunned. (Four hours of anything usually has me running for the hills.)

- Adorable was up for Improv a Go Go, and I'm still in blurry tears from it. We were super lucky, and had super fun. Thank you all!

Um. Umumum. There's some people I gotta call. And face back up to reality. Not "crazy hot ham & cheese hiding from actual reality" reality. Just gettin' stuff done reality. And the roller coaster of anticipation DOES NOT END. IT WILL NOT END FOR OVER A WEEK. More stuff to come.

Onward.

No comments: