Friday, May 15, 2009

Nice works, you Grecians you...

Yes. Full of delicious Greek food! Still!!

- Grumble. There is a show at the museum that has gone from "ehhh" to soulsucking. Granted, 10 minutes is NOT a long time to have your soul sucked, but one certainly doesn't want to have to look forward to it twice a day. Alas. Stop complainin', do yer job, it's a good job -- even when it sucks (like any job, I 'spose).

- (Soul healed by group of awesome 8th graders. *sigh* Thank you, 8th graders of Black Hawk or wherever you are from. You are all aces. Thank you.)

- Got dropped off in Uptown, and walked my butt four miles to Southwest High School for Yoga. A beautiful day, a lovely walk. The only awkward part of walking through Uptown is other Uptowners.

- I am a happy yogi'd sweaty mess. Jim picks me up!!! I win!!!

- We go to Christos. oooohhhhh, Christos. I worked there for 3 weeks once. They are wonderful. They are also insanely detailed oriented. I had forgotten.

- I eat every indulgent thing: grape leaves (dolmathes), hummus, mousaka and baklava - - Jim gets an Arnie Palmer and the chicken livers. So much winning!

- Was told that "It's okay that you forget everything. You're like me." Oh god.. I do forget everything! I am a good booklearner, an okay kinesthetic learner, and a pretty astute visual learner - - you ask me to remember most things aurally, my brain breaks. *sigh* This is not cool. I'm too young to blame it on senility.

- Chitter with friends afterwards. They decide to have a bbq - - today. Not two weeks out. Just, you know, today. You can do this? Not have to plan ahead two weeks and request time off? This is a crazy notion, but I think I like it.

More stuff! Onto a haircut and the weekend... and then, crazy!

Onward.

No comments: