Saturday, November 07, 2009

Because Michelle says I should!

Yes. This much is totes true. (Hi Michelle!)

The end of this week sniffed of oddness. Nothing fatal, just.. aghh..

1) Stepped on a dead mouse. Who had died in a 5x12 glue trap. Right before teaching a class (who were AWESOME, by the by). Stepping on the mouse (and glue.. and pulling my clog and foot up from the mouse and glue) elicited a flurry of:

a) Swearing. Mother f word and everything.
b) crunchsquish
c) OhmygodGROSSAmouseThatpoormouseI'msorryitdiedWhatahorriblewaytodieCan'tlivewith miceIjust stepped in somethingdead *immediately pictures walking over dead people to save yourself* AGHHHH!!!
d) What the hell?! This doesn't happen! I have to go teach class! Get my head in the game and teach class! *rubs foot on carpet as walking into class*

No one needs that.

The second thing that happened was on Thursday.

I punched a hole in my car. Not a large hole. Just the perfect key shaped incision. With a key, using the force of my trunk. See?






Not on purpose. Just a random puncture into my automobile's exterior, while putting my computer in the trunk. *sigh* What?

Nothing fatal. Just odd.

Friday was spent in a large dark room, watching grown ups dress up like elephants and space cheetahs.

This was not odd. This was awesome. (awwddsome? oawddsome?) Chicago Avenue Project performs this Monday at 7 p.m., Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.. At the Pillsbury House Theater - Free!! The actors are great. I have seen them all. They give excellent performances. You will laugh and feel good. Come giggle!

However, no matter how much you love a process, 7 hours on a stool makes your back hurt and makes you wanna go ride a bike far and away. Possibly around a lake and to a Dairy Queen. Double however, someone purely awesome brought me a sandwich around 2p.m.. Yea!!

What does the rest of the weekend hold? The final dress rehearsal for Chicago Avenue, then going the Spring Street for debauchery on Sunday night, per usual. For this week only, Stand up Open Mic and Beatles Rock Band are replaced with a benefit - - which will include real live rock bands and real live stand ups too. Yea! Come on by..

Monday is for memorizing.

Tuesday is for THEEEater.

And Wednesday is for wrehearsals for the Xmas show.

I can feel this year slipping away. It was only a matter of time. It just feels like summer is a pause to inevitability of winter, and once fall hits, everything zooms. It's possibly the nature of how we make a living (summer is generally a slow time for live entertainment). Or it's just possibly gettin' old.

Hopefully I'm not being dramatic. I have more elephants and space cheetahs to accompany.

(And yoga classes to take! For the first time, in crappy traffic, my subconscious barfed out the thought "I wish I was doing yoga right now". I have never thought that about.. almost anything. I'd rather be skiing or fishing or knitting - nope. *with the possible exception of peeing. Wouldn't we all rather be peeing? No? Gross.*) So.. yeah. I think I'm going back to the fancy place. If you go often enough, the cost of each class is affordable, even. Wish me luck.)

Onward.

3 comments:

Voix said...

Oh goody! Jen blogged again! That's twice this month. I'm counting.

I am thinking your Chicago Ave. project sounds totally splendid. I might be able to attend on Tuesday afternoon. Facebook me the details?

I love lists, by the way, so you're entering the top 20 list of fave bloggers right now.

Tara said...

You might want to at least get a little similar color of spray paint and put a zot on your puncture wound. MN winters are brutal on exposed car metal! :)

You knit? How did you get started? I've got two "Learn To Knit" kits, but always seem to find something else to do besides learn.

Sam Jones said...

You realize of course that when you are rudely woken up by bursts of laughter coming from the next room that it means I'm reading this right?

Have I mentioned lately how much you rock!? I'm so glad to see posts from you again.