Monday, November 09, 2009

More cut scenes please...

Someone posted this - - I've seen it a number of times (but it feels like I never get to finish it, as there's usually people wanting to play the actual game.)

I love this intro - - it's beautiful in so many ways. There's some hella good 20-something computer artist types who should be damned proud.



I am tuckered! ARRRGHHH!!

Chicago Avenue Project has opened! YEAA!! Two more shows, one at 4:30 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) and one at 7 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Pillsbury House Theatre (35th & Chicago Ave S, Mpls) FREE!! We opened tonight - - it's a bit strange to see the madness from onstage - - it just looks wholly regular and natural. From the audience, I remember the little kid logic and foam-core other-reality as much more surreal and otherworldly. From stage, it's as natural as a flat or a costume. (which, by their very nature, aren't natural at all)

Please come if you can! One of the lovely parts of Chicago Avenue Project? The grown ups get to have Mexican food & drink after the shows. Awesome.

Sunday started with: The Suburban World theater has re-opened, and has taken the chef from the Uptown Bar and their breakfast menu. I'd never been in the Suburban World before.. Good god. What a strange mix of sweet and creepy kitsch.. But not done well enough to be either. It could be so good for so many things.. hopefully at night, as it is a dark cavern of plastic fir trees and urns and blue paint and moving clouds on the ceiling. (This is not what it looked like on Sunday morning, watching ancient and trippy 1930's Raggedy Anne cartoons.)

















Honestly, if someone had given me an ancient theater, I probably would have decorated it exactly the same. (my house nods in agreement).

Otherwise.. (mew mew mew).. Next time, I promise a happy blog full of witty stuff.. But until, take care of you!

Onward!

1 comment:

Voix said...

I totally agree with you about the Suburban World decor. It's kinda creepy!