Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ohhhh, Thanks, Friends!

Thank you so much for a) reading b) responding. That's it. Michele is right. There's nothing better than people letting you know they read and they're okay with what you're writing. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sunday was a lovely zoom. My Saturday horoscope told me to be on time for everything on Saturday (I did good!) and it carried over to Sunday. Yea! We Tony n' Tina'd for over 300 people, then to Improv A Go Go (where we got to be dirty and at least talk about all the stuff.. - - naughty, but fun. We didn't actually get to the skullf**king, but we probably should have.. maybe.)

And then Troy and James made me cry. w00f. In that deep-I-am-so-throughly-delighted-way that my nose has no excuse but to run. Yea! (James Moore, my friends, is up for anything, and that's makes me so happy. Very lucky.)

Then to SpringStreet to see good good people, and to home.

Monday got usurped by "Hot Yoga". One hour of "Hot Yoga" and I was worthless for the rest of the day.

a) You step into a room in your already stinky, unwashed yoga clothes. You notice that the room is set around 100 degrees f and humid. Dear god.

b) You lay on your yoga mat, contemplating the fate you have actively chosen for yourself. The person beside you is already sweating. We're doomed.

c) A very positive and firm woman walks in, and shows you how to breathe (first by pressing your fists into your neck.) I assume that certain things require that you breathe differently, but the only other thing I can think of beside yoga is pregnancy.

d) You sweat and sweat and oh and you stare at yourself in the mirror and you look at other people and your mind is so caught up in how damn hot it is, that there's no time for any other annoying nagging grocery-list thoughts. Enlightenment achieved!

e) We start doing alot of little Savasan (death) poses in between moves towards the end, which sounds all sexy and petite mort-ish but is really, at this moment, laying down for 20 seconds and praying that the firm woman will let us do this more.

f) She also has us rub our third eyes on our knees to "wake it up". I love the idea that my third eye is just really sleepy from too many cartoons and milk shakes.

g) Some of the stretches were for "wringing out our colons" and some were for our lymph nodes. I am soaked in colonic excrement and tummy toxins. I wonder how bad the room must smell, but it's currently too hot to smell anything. Everything's instantly turning to vapor and then to find particulate ash, certainly.

h) There is always at least 1-2 yoga bad-asses in the class. They tend to have chunky arm tattoos and concentrating snake-like eyes. I wonder how they go through the rest of their lives, what they do for a living. Does the rest of the world see how bad ass they are? Do they actually float to work or just materialize? I do not know.

i) Class is done. The firm woman shares in her thankfulness. We are all exhausted and beaten and thankful.

k) I am soaked. The women's showers fill up really fast. (I think there were only two gentlemen in the class itself.) I ask the firm lady about my hyper-extending elbows. Her name is Jennifer.

l) I leave shaken and floaty. I feel destroyed. I cross Excelsior to wander blinky through Trader Joe's.

m) I NOW FEEL GREAT! Water tastes amazing. Let us unyieldingly step into the world and breathe. I buy frozen veggies and use my purse as my shopping bag. I am wearing a Rainbow Bright sweatshirt. W000000...

n) I spend the rest of the day intaking cream based soups, cured meats, wine, coffee, 2 cigarettes, and 3 pieces of frozen pizza (which has formed a baseball shaped lump in my lower.. tummy). ...Owww.

Also, got to see dear friend Sue yesterday. Awesomes. I think I talked her ear off. I owes her.

Today is taking some photos (I hope it goes well! The subject matter is awesome, I just worry about light and things) and Six Ring and hanging out with the boy until tomorrow comes. Tomorrow begins family. oooooooof! Good, but also very comfortable here in Minneapolis. Right now, on the couch, tomorrow sounds intimidating. But it will be good! GOOOD! (right? please?)

Onward.

1 comment:

Voix said...

Jen, you are such a lovely blogger! Writer! Yoga-er! Thank you for posting more often. I am sad I missed IAGG on Sunday, I was too out of it to get off my couch. I will hopefully see you next Sunday?