Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hey, there's pork in my donut - a food post

Yes. Here is to Keefer Bakery, makers of fine and cheap Chinese pastries. (You already know where it is. On the West Bank, across the street from the 400 Bar, two doors down from the Red Sea.. see? You knew!)

If you go, order yourself a $1 custard bun and feel like bad ass. So flaky! So not overly sweet! So delicious! I ordered myself a $1.25 BBQ bun, which was the perfect lunch yum. Delish!

I also ordered myself a sticky rice dumpling, which my brain said "it's like a donut" until I got to the yummy weirdo pork center. Yes! Well done, friends!

Onward.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That always happens to me when I have a Chinese pastry! Unexpected pork! Or ancient egg/duck combos!

Also I wanted to say it always makes me happy when there's a blog from you waiting for me to read in my Google Reader.