Wednesday, November 04, 2009

We'll try this again...

Let's just talk about the last couple of days, rather than trying to encompass a month, shall we? Hi friends!!

- I have a dishwasher now. It looks like it's made of Cylons and confidence. Outside, it is black and shiny. Inside, it is white and unblemished. My kitchen doesn't know what to do with itself.

- Chicago Avenue Project performs next Monday and Tuesday! Holy hannah! Why, here's the link! Though I'm in none of the marketing (hah! My ego bleeds.), I got to create an original song for each play, and will be performing with each play. Cool beans! These 5-10 minutes plays are awesome. The feeling of the performances is a cross between a pep rally and a potluck. It's so great. Professional actors, professional directors, professional dramaturgs working with at risk kids. Please come, enjoy - - it's all free and fun.

- Creature Feature and Survivors of the Undead Plague finished up a run at the Brave New Workshop.. YEAAA!! Our last one was scariest.. Josh was a chupacabra; Aric and I survived. Chupacabra's (and Joe doing jazz hands/wings) are awesome. Aric, I'm sorry my character tried to hide behind you when all the chupacabra's came - - that was a jerk move.

- I tried a free week at a certain yoga studio.
a) it's a Yoga "studio". Agh!

b) My instructors names have been either Irish goddesses or something that sounds like ky-lin. Cai-lyn. Kylhn is a boy. (And he ruled, by the by, Ky)

c) People are really serious about yoga at a yoga studio!! Especially the students!!

d) Not much eye contact is made in yoga. When Caeylinn had us introduce ourself to our neighbors (like we're real people, in a room that smells of other sweaty people), my mind was blown.

e) Their showers are fancy. And, they provide towels.

f) Have you seen the Joss Whedon show "Dollhouse"? Yeah. This is what it looks like. Except with even more yoga pants.
















h) I think I like it.

- I've tried stand up comedy. I will try it some more. When I have more than 30 seconds of material, I will let you know, and you can watch me bombbombbomb. Deal. :)

- umumum. That's a good start, right?

Onward.

1 comment:

Voix said...

Great post! And thanks again so much for being our substitute teacher last night. We all had great fun.