Friday, September 26, 2008

Doing more before 9:00 a.m....

.. than most people do everyday! ... well.. sometimes.

Yesterday just felt so damned.. disjoint. Nothing fit together, even though one thing happily slid into the next. Maybe it was sitting for three hours at an internal "Job Fair" (which felt like a honest to goodness job fair, people trying to sell each other to each other.. help!). And maybe, it was traffic on the drive home. My rhythm of "wake up, hit one work, hit next work, do shows, go to rehearsal" felt all false n' shit. Dingdongdangit. Gross.

However, this morning I was a paragon of getting stuff done. I went to Kinko's in Uptown (I have yet to spot the Kinko's of northern Mpls), ran around a lake, got puppydogtails and coffee from Isle's Coffee & Bunn (which, after running, was like smoking a pack of Winstons i.e. AWWWWWESOME), went to a random audition (I guess I'm a "Kathy Bates" type), and sped my way to work.

In this industriousness, I managed to smear gum on my driver's side window.. while driving. Made worse when I instinctually tried to open the window to get it off. Hah! I am a living metaphor.

This audition was for a fishing net company, and we were told to come dressed as Northern MN-nice. It was neat to see all of the familiars dressed up in their grungies. It was like "Pajama Day" at school, except instead of pajamas, it was mom jeans and flannel.

There was even free lunch today! My god! I owe someone some free lunch! (With fruit and coffee even!)

Fifteen minutes later, the free lunch has formed a freelunch lump in my stomach. I shall burp freelunch for the next five hours. This is the price one pays for freelunch.

All that stuff I need to do still needs to get done. Worried that the worries and disjointedness of yesterday will follow me into today. No matter!

Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey, I'll take freelunch.

Smear some peanut butter on the gum on your window. Then use a credit card or driver's licence to scrape it off. Clean the smudge up with a little windex (or vinegar) and you're good to go.

You're welcome. Eight years of living in Mommy-ville has taught me something!