Monday, September 15, 2008

Okay...

I read Mike Fotis' latest post and I wanted to cry. Or at least destroy all crappy clerks. Mike - - I'm so sorry. They will burn in customer service hell.

- Thursday sped by. Coffee with Mr. Venske was lovely and I owe him some info. Yea! I also enjoyed a delicious bagel. Huzzah for delicious bagels!

- Youth coaches met. It was good. I was also told to start being not such a softie. Very well. I will let my edges show through.. Seriously kids - - do you really want seven years of improv teaching and/or embitterment to come shining through? You all are brilliant - - however, my lack of ability and/or time and/or ... you get the point. Gack!

- Had my tarot read! That was wonderful! Me and some certain major arcana are going to chill. I received some good plans and perspective - - very nice. :)

- Talked to Mr. Jennings, which was awesome. I'm so damned proud of him.

- Booze & Cruise! Drew lent me one of his roommate's bikes, and we tooled through DT Minneapolis (race the bus!), biked over the Stone Arch Bridge, ended up at a Polka Festival, grabbed dinner at Tuggs, biked to Red Stag, met Ole-the-bartender (who rules), had bacon dessert, walked to the Vegas Lounge, killed on "Midnight Train to Georgia", and biked our butts back. Such good times! Such loveliness!

- Minneapolis by bike is the prettiest Minneapolis.

- Woke up moderately okay (though sore) and took a 10 a.m. voiceover workshop which made me about jump out of my skin. Not in that excited way, but in that "aghhhhhhh... this gives me nothing!".. The workshop was mostly made up of talking about the business (yeah.), who's really good in the businesss (yeah.), why they're good (yeah.) and just sitting there, doin' nuttin'. However, five minutes before the workshop was over, he finally had us read some copy - - and that was actually fun. And he showed himself to be a wonderful coach. Argh. Will I try to go into voicework? Chances are - - no. It costs money up front and the market is flooded. However, does it pay well for not alot of work? Oui. Who knows. It was a lot for slightly hungover and very tired me to take.

- Saw some of my favorite people in the world (i.e. Steve A. and Sharon S. of TRP).

- Loveliest of weekends! Pizza with nice people and their new house, cleaning PG's place (which I adore - - it feels so good all clean and stuff.. whoosh!), buying a shower curtain, getting dinner at Eli's.. yum yum yum.

- Creature Feature starts soon!!!!!!!!!!!! Thursdays in October. We had rehearsal on Sunday. My eyes were watering with funny. How can this be so much fun? It's just that much fun. W00t!!!!!

I'm a bit all over the place. Apologies. More stuff to come.. mebbe.

Onward.

No comments: