Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday bloody Sunday....

Indeed!

All my bemoaning about being computerlessness is at an end (hopefully.) Much Saturday morning research was followed by a successful trip to Microcenter (a successful trip to Microcenter is like a successful trip to Kinko's... rare, precious, and not to be unappreciated). I now have a refurbished Compaq Presario somethingsomethingsomething. The height of my geekiness - - which is truly not that high - - I purchased ram. Damn!

I have spent this morning downloading Firefox and Chrome and saving passwords with abandon.. My ability to waste time has now increased 10 fold.

(And all you people I owe pictures to - - I should be able to edit them now! W00t!)

Yesterday was all computery, and then Stitch n' Bitch tech, and then to one of the nicest dinners I've ever been a part of. This lovely couple lives in the sweetest, hidden St. Paul neighborhood. She's from Belgium, he teaches animation at a local art school (and sez HI BUTCH!!). See - - they're amazing already. They live in this perfect midcentury bungalow which they've filled with goddamn beautiful MIDCENTURY FURNITURE. AHHHHHH!!! (Even the wallpaper in their bathroom is original. Their bathroom sink looked like it was styled after the front of a jetliner. Gahhhh...) I have serious boners for exactly that stuff, and here was a house, impeccably styled and filled with it. I think I drooled on anything. And then told them that I was drooling on everything. (They seemed unsurprised by it... I think they may get the reaction a fair amount). And what's more - - they were amazing, gracious, generous - - very welcoming to a freaking out 32 year old furniture ho. Follow that with conversation and wine and the other guests were equally amazing and cool, and... Very lucky. Lovely evening.

Of everyone one at the table, I was the least educated. Now, I've equated higher education with having midcentury furniture and dinner parties with people who make Werner Herzog jokes. I now want my masters. In what, I have no clue. I would love to receive one collecting furniture via Craigslist and attending festivals in the French Alps... Doesn't that sound nice? *sigh* Awesome.

Granted, I know they worked their tucuses off to get where they are. But, it's nice to peek in and wonder.

Today equals work. I don't wanna go to work. But I messed up, and now have to. I would rather be at Creature Feature. (I generally don't mind the Museum. It's just been a LOT of museum in the last three weeks. And I'm missing Creature Feature. :( )

Speaking of:

CREATURE FEATURE! This coming Thursday at 8 p.m. at the Brave New Workshop! (and all Thursdays through October) annnd...

STITCH, BITCH n' DIE! This coming Saturday & Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Bryant Lake Bowl (and all Saturdays and Sundays through October)

Onward.

No comments: