Saturday, January 12, 2008

A blog both unnecessary and possibly annoying

Science Museum - - of course. (I wanted to write "natch", as in "naturally" - - this is what years of reading Marvel comics during my adolesence has given me. A proclivity *good word* to things like "natch", or possibly "bub", or getting used to Reed Richards calling Sue "lover" *creepy!*. Snappy one liners and words no one ever says. However, these same comics also gave me the phrase "Oh boy my favorite!", which is possibly one of the best things to exclaim ever. It's also one of the saddest phrases in this particular comicy universe*.)

Last night went successfully by, I think/hope. Performed for a company that has members from all over the globe, all together getting drunk at Pracna,... and they would not tell us what they do. Maybe it's secretly wayyy too complicated, but they were being, as a group, amazingly coy. I asked them if they were part of a secret society, which they fessed up to. The evening suddenly made much more sense.

Then to the Chatterbox, where I got a bowl of potato soup for the price of a cup! w00t! My depression-era grandfather would be proud! Also, met new people and got to hang out with/see with some of my favorite people in world. Yeaaa!!!

Every time Pickles barks, it echoes in the ductwork. Weird! (...and a doggy angel gets its wings.)

I'll be at Dreamland Arts this morning, struggling over an accordion. Then, it's back to you know where, stuffing lines and puppets into my brain. Have a good weekend!

Onward!




*It's sad, cuz when 4.5 year old Franklin Richards (son of Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four) visited his friends, the Power Pack (bwahahaha!), who are a group of super hero brothers and sisters (I know.), Franklin Richards was written realistically enough as a kid who's parents were busy doing other things/wrapped up in their own crap and, he probably never sat down to dinner with them, etc. (and if he did, they were probably always wearing their stretchy pajamas) So, when he's visisted the Powers (teee), who were written as a typical loving dysfunctional household sitting down to dinner, and asked if he likes this side dish, or this side dish - - for every dish, he exclaims "Oh boy my favorite". See, sad and adorable.

** This is the last time I will bring up something comicy for a while, I promise, as a) I'm incredibly behind and broke, b) I'm a big poser of the stuff right now, and c) I just don't have the attention span. See... I'm a dick, truly.

No comments: