Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Questionable photos probably to follow...

NYE's was finefine. Worked at the Science Museum, and Butch and Katherine and Aiden and Owen came to the Museum, proving a number of things:

a) There's nothing better than people you love visiting you at work
b) The kids are over the top adorable. And smart. And socially awesome.
c) Little kid jokes rock. ... even if you don't quite get the cultural reference
d) Seriously. Dead Kennedys. ....ooooh. Good kid. :)

It was fun to see them, and I hope they had non-dramatic fun time too. Then, onto home where the house took a step to getting a part repaired, and then onto a Bingo show. Damn. Good people. Fun stuff. Happy New Year's is happy to scream at strangers. (I stepped in an interactive theater nono that one should always avoid - - I try to avoid this like the plague, which is why it shocked me when I sucked it up. There were two ladies sitting happily next to each other. The older one was a little drunk and giving me a hard time. The younger one, through some conversation, said "I went to private school." And I looked at the older one and said "You sent her to public school!?" ..ahem. Were they mother and daughter? Of course not. Did I suddenly look like a blowfish and did I then scream a little? Yes. ...and then started laughing. The older lady took it better than she should have. I then ran away.)

And then NYE at Pat's. My partner in crime realized that we had been attending this NYE for the third year. And that us, and the rest of the crowd, were... getting old. Or at least on our way to possibly hiring a babysitter/renting a nursery for the partygoers would-be children. I wore a dress from the salvation army (which I love) and a blonde wig - - the theme of the party was "The Love Boat", and I thought I looked appropriately... trashy? Anywhoo. The wig looked good in the darken dance floor part (I got told I look like Laura Dern!.. um. weird!), but in the light of day and camera flashes, I just looked pretty stupid. I finally took it off and found that dancing was much more doable and more fun was had by... hehhhsayit!!!... just being myself. Bwaha! Am I self-obsessed enough to make this a metaphor!? Goddamn right I am! Hells, we can even make it a metaphor for the changing over to the new year. It just gets worse. Thanks, liberal arts and science major! (It's even sunny today, somehow the sun burning away the clouds and blonde wiggy overcast skies of the past. More! More!!!) Anywhoo, xoxos to Topher and all there. It was truly a great time. :)

The animals let me sleep for a while (dreams were crazy though), and now it's time for Science Museum. I'm glad I feel good (better than expected), and I hope everyone else is surviving New Year's Day too.

Onward!

P.S. Native chicago-type friends - - I made my first deep dish/cheese on the pizza! You would be proud (I think!).. excepting that half way through the process, I realized that I had no mozzerella in the house, and instead used cheddar and pepper jack. But.. still. It came out delicious. You have inspired me to baking breadydoughytomatoey things. Thankyou.

No comments: