Sunday, December 07, 2008

10 years...

It's officially official. I have passed my ten year mark of living in the Twin Cities. I never expected to live here for that long, but also, I never had a clear push to pull up stakes and leave*. Which is to say, if you don't make plans to leave, much less follow those non-existent plans, you will stay in one place.

This also means I'm 33, which is both young and old -- I get to hear 25 year olds remark at how old they are, but I also remember being that 25 year old. Strange stuff.

This has been a heckuva week, all professionally rollercoaster between "that was AWESOME!" or " this sucks, and it's not going to stop sucking until it's done."

Things this week involved:

- Yelling! A christ-ton of yelling.

- Nice lawyers.

- S#!++y microphones.

- Awesomely talented people.

- Awesomely talented people in good situations.

- Awesomely talented people hung out to dry.

- Barking at kids, in good ways and settle-yer-ass down ways.

- Memorizing.

- Eggs on toast.

- Amazing food!

- Early mornings.

- Two weekend mornings of staying in bed until at least 11.

Today will involve more barking at kids and some hopefully "That was awesome!" Tomorrow involves more recitation of memorized stuff and driving through crappy-yet-pretty snow.

And the radio plays The Hold Steady, and everything's okay.

Onward.

* Upon refelection, this is a lie. Last winter had me screaming for the door (you know, the big "This way to exit Minnesota" door). I can still feel it's after effects...we'll see how this winter goes, I guess.. We don't have to live in weather that might kill us, but boy, there's some good stuff here too. (Onward.)

No comments: