Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY STUFF!!! Christmas and such!! :)

Happy Holidays!! Hoping yours is treating you beautifully, whatever you are up to..

Pickles and I made the Great Trek South and West - - the weather was lovely and Pickles is a fab traveling companion. We both explored an alleyway in the classy Windom, MN. We listened to talk radio. We shared a cheeseburger. Good stuff.

- It's snowy here. Big kerfluffing piles of icy snow.

- Operation Recognize Anyone still not successful - - which is just fine.

- Braved the JC Penny's side of the mall, and then braved Target twice... It wasn't bad..

- Brother in Law Ben and sister Kay are here... yea!

- Kay and I took our obligatory drive-around-Sioux-City. It takes a fair amount of time to drive around Sux. We got through our MUSTYELLATEACHOTHERTOSHARETHISMOMENT, which is also good.

- Mom made stew last night (awwwesome). We watched Cars and Flight of the Conchords. There was wine and wine. I took a walk over unshoveled sidewalks and then dyed my hair.

Now presents have been shared (we are a small family, and there are just not that many presents to share - - which is also fine), mom made pear muffins (yum), the turkey's in the oven (thanks, mom). I'm gonna get cleaned up and try working on the house a little.

It's just a funny thing. What do we do? Um.. Now? There's so many things that should be done. The house is full of stuff, my mom is tired, my sister is continually my sister (both incredibly sensitive and yet fond of making broad-over-generalizing-aggravating statements), and my brother in law is very sweet for being here. But really - - despite all that - - we're just pretty stinkin' happy to be together. The edges are all at the surface, but underneath the edges is a big bath of love. If only we knew what to do with each other at times.. (the Scott family has no activities beside eating and random chatting... Kay and I bought Cramium.. I mentioned to Mom regarding doing a 'vacation Christmas' next year.. this may be possible! And possibly fun! Activities!)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!! :) Be safe, have fun, enjoy...

Onward.

No comments: