Saturday, December 20, 2008

Y'know what's pleasant?

Watching movie trailers on the superfancy Museum internet connection.. It's Saturday, it's a snow day, the museum is very quiet, I have things I will be doing very soon.. but first.. just a few cookie sized movie bites please..

- "Inkheart" - Hey, Brendan Fraser is actually a really funny guy. Hey, look, Helen Mirren! Hey look, Andy Serkis making "my precious" faces! Hey look, lots of British accents! And a ferret! This looks pretty!

- "Star Trek" - Man, I love trailers. I totally drank the kool aid. I adore the supporting cast.. *sigh*

- "The Spirit" - I'm a little torn. I truly enjoy what Frank Miller does with movies (horrible and beautiful and graphic and amazing), but I also adore the original Spirit comic. Will Eisner was amazing, and I have no idea if Miller will keep at all to the original spirit of the.. er.. Spirit. He doesn't have to, but.. you know. Boyhowdy, I like Scarlett Johannsen. I have no idea why, except for.. uh... she's hot. Yep. That about sums that up, I guess. Go with your hotness, Miss Scarlett.

- oh look.. more!!!

Last night was a party! It was a hoot.

- Rope light is a $1.39 at the Salvation Army on Dale & University!! I curled it in a fireplace. It looked super cool. I felt super cool and design-y.

- Dance dance dance.. I think I broke my dance muscle. Can I feel cool dancing to Kanye? SHOULD I feel cool dancing to Kanye? mrrr..

- Friend Jess (who works at Gasthof's) brought her cute work dress and spring-loaded snuff cannon. I know it's gross, but... ooooh!

- We were surrounded by an amazing number of Springsteen fans. Honestly. Some of party had met each other through their mutual love of the Boss. I dig some Springsteen, yes, but.. wow.

- I have a new fuzzy $6 coat. It makes me either feel like a bond girl or a bear. Or perhaps a bear that just happens to be a bond girl. It held up well against the snow snow snow that continues to fall. Nice job, $6 coat!!

- Muppets in the morning rocks. Thanks, Netflix.

Two shows tonight, if I can keep the energy train going. More coffee, more solid food, more exercise tomorrow (I might try this running in the snow thing again.. if I can keep my tummy warm.)

Onward.

No comments: