Monday, December 22, 2008

Jam!! JAMMM! Jammm!!!!

Making my way through Muppet Show season 1 disc 2. The Electric Mayhem just, well, jammed. Animal was screaming JAM!!!! the entire time. This is the only way jams should be done.

Two show day on Saturday.. Lovely shows, honestly (barring the man in pink and his very loud wife during the second show... They would not shut up, and were frustrating the rest of their company... I don't think they noticed...)

Got out to my car to find that it was a little frozen icicle and would not turn over. The amazing Mr. Winner gave me a ride home, and Partner In Crime drove me back to Minnetonka on Sunday. After 10 minutes of coaxing and some pushing, it started!!! Yea!!!! Many thanks for so much help..

Whew. This cold bullshit is exactly that. It is staved off, however, with improv rehearsal, cinnamon rolls (they came out great!), getting the drive shoveled (go me), catered leftovers, cleaning around the house, Muppet show, and the knowledge that I have 6 hours of work tomorrow and then nothin' for three whole days. Take that! Thanks, baby jesus and you crazy Gregorian calendar makers.

Crazy New York dreams last night.. Staying at a fancy NYC hotel with college friend Kelly. (we were on, like the 6th floor. The fifth floor was like a cruise ship--restaurants and spas and pool, all white and rickety) Ended up at a friend's room (Mpls friends!), drinking and laughing. Lovely!! And it almost turned into a sexy dream (yes, with you.. And you. I know!), but then I had to go back to our room, and ended up going to dinner, warning socialites about the dangers of Pillsbury Baked goods. (except I had forgot my script, and had to improvise it.. And rhyme, for some reason. It wasn't coming easily.. I may have been dream-drunk.)

Anywhoo, it was a mix of going to a Museum conference (nice hotel, drinking), Mpls peeps, and I'm usually warning people about the dangers of Nanoparticles, not 'duck cakes' (one of the socialites mentioned this.) All of this pleasantness was interrupted by a 9 a.m. call from a teen, seeing if I would be a reference for them. All teens --especially those in the arts -- need to learn that calling, unless emergency, should be done after 10 am. College will teach this. But I may say something also. (9 a.m. on a Monday is, truly, not early.. But sleep is sometimes rare and nice.)

Stay warm! It's stupid out.

Onward.

No comments: