Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'll be that idiot.. just give me time...

Yes. For the sake of full-on avoidance, I'm ignoring certain parts of last week. And I probably owe you an apology, for those parts of last week. I'm no longer apologizing to myself, because Instant Karma got me, and got me hard. Just re-reminding myself that there is a price to pay for being an idiot. But to you.. I'm sorry. :(

For now, we're going to focus on the nice stuff, of which there was a lot.

- Shopping trip success! PG not only has underwear, but also very cool green jeans. Karen at Macy's not only made our day, but while making our day, also gave us chocolates. Oh. :)

- REI was also full of loveliness. The boy got me the coolest jacket. Very very lucky. I love it. It protects me from wind and snow and will be awesome to sled in.

- We wake up and go jogging... Remember when it was, like, 36 degrees? And rainy. And warm. Remember Saturday? It was.. lovely.

- Mystery Cafe show. This time for a battery company. We did it!

- Talked with my sister, who fills me with love and worry all at the same time.

- Sunday involved some hard core short form with the Youth, who had all taken squirrel-crack. Don't give your teens squirrel-crack. Dug out the piano. Sean dug out his tuba. We traded off underscoring scenes, me with my "this sounds like Jen doing I-IV-V again" accompaniment, and him with his rhythmic tuba farts. Good stuff. :)

- Onto St. Paul, in the beginnings of the Great Sky Crap of December 2008. More playing good music with cool people!! We played some Brubeck. I practice counting to five over and over. So much fun. :)

- Good people then offered veggie anchovy soup. Veggie anchovy soup makes me do little Dave Brubeck dances.

- Good morning, Monday... WHOLLY CRAP WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD!? Wake up with a face full of Minnesota. Icey bitter. Everyone questions their choice of location.

- Have a plumber over to fix my tub. Ben the Plumber is awesome!! He says it's not the pipes, but the (moldy gross) seal between the tub and the tile. I can fix that!!! He charges me $49. I wish I carried cash, as this plumber deserved a tip, and I had none to give. Thank you, Ben!! :)

- Got to take PG to the airport.. Arghh.. But it's lovely in France, and he gets back in 12 days. :)

- Hang out with friend Sue for a couple of hours. Friend Sue is awesome. :) We trade gifts that we purchased in thrift stores or antique malls. Very lucky. Sue has put up her tree full of antique and aged ornaments -- it suddenly feels, unexpectedly, a lot like Christmas.

- I complete a St. Paul/Mpls Green Mill tour, and grab a beer with Fotis... yeaa!! Winnings!!!

It really was the loveliest of weekends, despite it becoming amazingly artic-like. This is Minnesota, yes. And many many grateful thanks to the awesome boy who not only pulls over the car, but takes care of you when you're suffering through your instant karma.. almost 24 hours later.

Onward.

No comments: