Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome back to the fray...

The picture is of my brother in law and the family, driving to Yankton SD. My BIL is funny. Period. :)

- Drove to Grandpa Rauch's and his girlfriend Pam's place for lunch on Friday. Homemade pickles! Sweet slaw! Pot roast! Apple pie! Um. Grandma-aged South Dakotan ladies can cook.

- Grandpa is sharp as a tack. His hands shake, and he uses a walker.. But he's also 92.

- Likes to tell us how much he lost on the stockmarket. Perhaps to drive my mom slowly nuts.

- Pam sent us home with frozen homemade pies. Grandpa sent us home with apple butter and dehydrated apple slices. My grandpa can do things with apples that blow my mind. Yum.

- My sister turned 30. We played Cranium. She's still processing this triple decade thing. I would laugh, but I turn 40 before she does. Hrmph.

- Woke up at 5:30 a.m. yesterday to make it to work by noon-ish.. I did it!

- Museum was full of adorableness! Oh my goodness! Holidays tend to bring out the families, and some of these families have some pretty awesome four year old's.

- Hung with with my friends' Ahna & Rick's kids after that. They were super super super good! No one cried, no one fought, no one attempted to fall asleep in a toybox. They shared like crazy, and we had fun.

- When playing boat, Scooter is a good nickname. So is Light Plant.

- "Garfield and Friends" - still funny!

- Little kids who swap the k or hard c sound for a t sound rock. Twistmas? Yes please. Also, if they smile with their eyes. Like a kittycat does.

- Grandma showed up and had the much more challenging task of getting them to bed.

- Grandma also gave me some homemade jam and cookies! I do not deserve these... Thank you!

- Drank red wine and slept and slept and slept.

- It's Sunday!! And tomorrow's Monday!! (both official Jen Day Offs... usually...) Awesome!! ...where did the vacation and family time go? Ah well... Going to the airport today to do some picking up, and 'am very excited. :)

Onward.

No comments: