Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back = back

Back = back. I have found mysef in a snow emergency. You crazy Minneapolis - - no one told me!

Xmas was fine. My mom and sis and I were kinda himming and hawing around the whole holiday thing, not saying outright that it's sad, but just sorta... my sister got all her presents, which is awesome. Everyone else, on the other hand, will be receiving their's via the us postal service hopefully this week. I need to call my grandpa scott. I need to mail my holiday cards. You know. It was nice to sit around the dining room table and eat smoked salmon and crackers vs. a huge holiday dinner (that was awesome!). It was also nice to see adopted Aunt Heather and Uncle Craig (awesome!). And it was awesome to go to our friends, the Dorns, xmas night (as the family has done for the last five? years) and eat Papa Murphy's. My sister and I fit ourselves into what my dad would do in these occassions (eat their pizza, drink their beer, and dominate the conversation) and the Dorns were nice enough to let us. They are wonderful.

'Visited Grandpa Rauch and his girlfriend Pam in Yankton, where we ate at the Fryin' Pan. Grandpa Rauch may have to walk with a walker and a cane, but at 92, he's (to quote) sharp as a tack. And he likes to talk about money. He's honery, and Pam will say surreal things every once in a while (she's sharp as a tack too, but... things work differently in Yankton, SD), - - we did good!

Now, I'm back (after yelling at a friend in the car next to me on hwy 169 north of Mankato - - funny!). It's off to work and off to errands and my god, it's technically Thursday, and oh c'mon now. Hoping to see the last half of the BNW mainstage show (pssssttt... dear mainstage friends. You're funny. teeeee) and do laundry, and I should buy some groceries, and so much for puttin' out the recycling (oh well), and my phrase for the week is "Sense of Urgency". Cause right now I really don't have one. But if I construct one, I might get things done, right? Right. Happy Holidays! Hey look, New Year's.. (agh!)

Onward!!

P.S. Stuff I find over the top beautiful. Geeking out. Again, awesome!

No comments: