Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What I originally wanted to say...

So, I originally wanted to title this "Taking one up the a$$ for science" but deemed it not appropriate, but... I still wanted to share.

I've realized that I communicate, in general, like this:
GRANDIOSE STATEMENT
But...... / although.... /

Hrm. This doesn't please me, although I like the rhythm of it (see?).

Tuesday was ass kickin', and the butt in question was mine. I was almost late for an early workshop, and then onto the Science Museum, and then onto a Science Outreach thingie (which actually went pretty well. But, I'm still having flashbacks... more on that later) and then onto Six Ring, and then onto the Green Mill, where everything is fine and Milly.

Dear Middle Schoolers of the World,
I'm sorry I'm getting old and jaded and impatient. I may have to stop teaching your age group, cuz I'm starting to hate you. That's not quite right - - I find you all lovely and smart and talented in person. However, in groups, you become a reflection of your age. And that age can be rough.

We were all you once, and I recognize this. Still, I'm going to snap at you in an adult tone of voice while saying something about "respect" (even if this is totally inappropriate and not my place and I've never been to this school before and good god did I just snap at a kid that I have no background with) and asking you to leave the room and saying things like "I'm done." Cuz chances are, I am done. I am now a collection of my middle school teachers - - quirky awesome 50 year old women and insane embittered ex-marines. Again, I'm sorry.

Love,
Jen

P.S. We'll have fun on Wednesday.

Dear Fourth Graders of the world,
You rock my socks. Please stay in the 4th grade, or just move from 4th grade to college so we can have tea. Thanks!
Love,
Jen

Christmas break may be good for me.

I need to put on work clothes and feign adulthood now. Onward!!!!

No comments: