Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Things I Like (a general list)

Good morning, Tuesday. I DEED it. I did the weekend. The weekend, in return, gave me a soar throat that won't go away. bah.

Things I like:
- I like that they're releasing a new fancy re-release of Bladerunner, cuz it was all of the things that people said it was, and also, I like seeing young, nervous, vunerable Harrison Ford greet me when I open my myspace page (as opposed to old, jaded, mean Harrison Ford who did films like... oh... that one with Josh Hartnett. Or the one where he played the president. Such an angry man.)
- I like shopping online for late xmas gifts. Thank you, magic void of the internet!
- I like auditions where you don't have to prepare a monologue. You just do an open read. Those are fun. I also like seeing someone for the first time, and being absolutely delighted with them. (Jason, from those Three Sticks people, is a crazily funny man.)
- I like dinners with old friends. I don't like when I have to cut it short, and all the conversation wasn't used up yet.
- I currently like planning small things, and that's weird (what shall I eat for lunch..? hmmm... What color should my hair be? hmmmm... much brain space devoted to trivial little things)

Those are things I like. I don't feel like listing things I don't like, cuz it might take a bit. 'Went to a friend's Xmas party last night, and everyone looked lovely and festive. We actually sang xmas carols as a group, which is a little singing the National Anthem, except easier and not as inclusive to other cultures. Also, everyone, whatever your American-based background, seems to know at least the first verse. People (especially grown ups doing it by choice) singing together is pretty rockin', as far as universal human experiences go. Almost as good as little kids singing in a group, which is just over the top. (I give much credit to Pink Floyd for taking full advantage of this. Well played!)

Today is the last Six Ring Circus of 2007. Nutty!! Also, today holds another Science Outreach, except it's about Race (bwaha!). Wish us luck. Onward!

(Oh! Oh! I also like MIA's Paper Planes.)

No comments: