Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I find that black eyed peas make me feel old (the legume, not the band)

It's Minnesota! I may be snow-obsessing. I got stuck trying to billy goat into my alleyway last night, and was helped out by awesome neighbors. I owe so many people so many snow pushes and shovelings, it's ridiculous. (I swear - - I'm a really good snow driver! I just tend to drive small foreign 4-cylinder vehicles, and live in neighborhoods that take a little bit to plow out. And drive highways at scary times. Mer.)

Nothing much too terrible to report. Adorable went up at the Beat last Monday (yea!) and I think we were Adorable. (We started strong and kinda coffee-crashed, but it was still damned fun.) My friend Sam totally blew my mind, as he a) looks way different in a comb over, b) didn't break character the entire time he was there, c) I'm still telling people of his horrible horrible jokes. Funny. :) I, also, may need to start wearing glasses.

The next weeks have things spaced out in calm, four hour intervals, which is fine. I fly to Boston today - - I haven't been to Boston since 1998 (and I was too dumb to know what to do then. Thank goodness for adorable traveling buddies). Traveling for business, I'm learning, you're never sure how much free time you'll actually have (ranging from NONE!goodluck! to LosAngelesWhyAren'tYouDrinkingMore?). But... I think our evenings are relatively free. We're staying at a swanky hotel in Cambridge. I'm on the search for chowder and a quoahog. I'm only going to eat clam-based foods while in Massachusettes. (Also, I'm going to order a coffee, and it's gonna come pre-creamed and sugared - - thrilling!)

Being in an active state of either wanting or making things change. Right? RIGHT! It's sad stressful sucky but also exciting good and unknowning. :( <--- but I'll still put a little frowny face after it.

Everyone go see the Neutrino Project this Thursday (after improv at Jitters)! The Brave New Workshop mainstage show Friday! Fat Man Crying and It's a Meaningless Life Saturday! Good stuff, maynard.

Hrm. I wanna hold a piano bar party. Or maybe just go to Nye's. Hrm. ONWARD!!!

No comments: