Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Eating my tool lunch..

So, Starbucks makes a "Protein Pack" for too much money. Basically, Starbucks asked my subconscious, "What favorite things would you like in cute chopped up form? A tiny bagel? Some peanut butter? A hard boiled egg?" My subconscious totally agreed, and hence, my love of the "Protein Pack" was born. Yesh, I am a tool. But a tool with a tummy full of happy. (and a world full of waste.. I need to start making my own Protein Packs..)

Sunday finally came, and I am happy. The youth were good for their performance (and dark.. jesus. Grandpa got killed with an AIDS shot. Yep. That happened.) Oooh! It was so awesome to see some grown ups there! Thank you, kick ass grown ups with no relation to the kids! All this, followed by Ka-Baam!! rehearsal, followed by some BSG, followed by some hangin' out. Yeaaaa, hangin' out! Happy Jen. :)

Monday blurred by, but full of happy. (Errand running! Cheese buying! Vacuuming! Yoga! Music playing! Gin drinkin'! More hangin' out! ..happy jen. :) )

I woke up way too early this morning, still in a haze of happy, if not sleep deprived.

MELODICA! It arrived. I am finding that it takes even more breath to end a note gracefully - - you crazy wind instruments. I look ridiculous playing it (but very few people look cool playing a wind instrument. You generally need a pair of RayBans to pull off either Cool or Pep Band.. or Bill Clinton).

In the process of playing catch up/pulling head from butt. I had to bury myself and hide for a little bit. I don't know if I like the drama associated with becoming very hard to reach (I hope not.. drama can be dumb when self created), but.. it felt kind of necessary. Catch up underway, keeping head from a$$ also..

One of the gentlemen that I've been practicing the Jazz with, just edited together the story of how he and his wife became he and his wife. It's full of humor, even as worlds came crashing down because of it. Got to hear it yesterday. Just lovely. (in two years, it will be an animated short! I shall keep you updated!) :)

The next two days are going to be crazy busy. Lesson #466: No matter how prepared you are for something, it don't mean s#!t if you grab the wrong bag. Pay attention, chickadee.

Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

What's the stuff by the grapes? Little tiny cheeses??? You could totally make that for about $1 or less. Save the cute little plastic container, reuse it using "press and seal" stuff to cover it. Voila. Green AND cheap! :) You do know about press and seal, right? Wonderful invention. A cross between post it notes and saran wrap.