Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whewwwww's...

I've snapped at two nice people today. ARRGHH! I feel tired and defensive, and turning into an old lady. However, it's been a really nice day. This tired and defensive might be due to honest to goodness tiredness.. whewwww!

Despite this vinegar, I am truly swimmy happy. And it was a very lucky day too. Filled with gratitude about the whole thing (including the two granola bars that plopped out of vending machine. That is like winning the lottery, without even knowing you had entered.) I am gratitudinal. Thank you!

- FREOPARDY! My goodness, that was lovely. :) The awesomeness of coming together to watch 'one of your own' take on something we've watched for years. Grown up with even. It was the rowdiest Jeopardy viewing ever, and a couple of 'audience' waves were completed.

- So many favorite people, all in one place, eating cake*!!!

- Fred rocked the Jeopardy. Damn. Well played, sir. :)

- Got to snorg with two babies at Freopardy! A nine month old, and Miss Sophie (who is over six months). Baby snorgin'!!!

- Troy goes to Ireland! AGHHHH!!! To the Green Mill to buy him cider and appetizers! Sad not to be able to watch and play with him while he's gone; SUPER DUPER EXCITED for Troy. I'd be nervous and astounded. How damn cool... Wishing I knew Irish-y inspiring things to say.

- I putter around the house, and then head over to the Minneapolis Comedy Death Squad Open Mic at Grumpy's Downtown. I miss the first two sets: I suck. But the rest of the night is aces and happy swimmy. :)

- Maria Bamford shows up and does a set. She is funny and weird.

I love stand ups and their notes. Paper and notes and paper and notes. (Maria had a big yellow legal pad). This is how you do it.

- Wake up wayyy too early to introduce youngin's to Theater Games. W0000oooo. Trying to get a 'funny' (but nice) 8th Grader not to do a pot joke is like telling a puppy not to poop.

- Favorite kid is at the Science Museum again. He asks me, very calmly, if I could do my sound effects show a little quieter. :)

I'm having a *@&#$ of a time, for whatever reason, embedding this video. It's the trailer for Where the Wild Things are. It's directed by Spike Jonze. It's set to Arcade Fire. It's like they wondered, "hrrrmm... what would cause an emotional stunned reaction for emotionally stunted Jen to cry, at work? What will take her cynical klanky heart and crumple it like tin foil? Hey, did we mention Jen is tired? *meep*

Trailer.

Wasn't there something I was going to post? Something of goodness to say? oog!

Onward.

* It was really good cake too. Well done! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

thanks for the tip, I shall download that song, it's pretty.