Friday, March 06, 2009

Weeoooo weeeeoooooo

I have no brains but happy thoughts.. lalalala...

Wednesday and Thursday were just plain chock a'block with good people and good stuff. Granted, I'm a little sleep deprived, so they're mostly a happy glowy blur. Yea!

- Socially Awkward reunited over beer and apps. We'll be at MIXED TAPE, this Friday (tonight!) at 10:30 p.m. at ComedySportz! Come see the fun!

- I received a soviet russia bang trim. It's more severe than I expected. In soviet russia, indeed, bangs trim you.

- Dinner with dear friend Sarah and her sweetie Matt. Fulfilling in so many ways, and ended laughing over youtube videos on the couch. Plus, amazing beet soup!

- I brought wine and girl scout cookies. There were girl scouts camped outside of Walgreens, crying "Girl Scout Cookies!!!!". I purchased two boxes. As a former girl scout, we never sold in front of stores. Somehow, it just feels weird. But, alas, it's 2009. It guess door to door sales are passe', peeps.

- Thursday was an extended cut. After work, an amazing and lovely dinner, followed by hangin' out, followed by KA-BAAM!!, followed by Watchmen!? Good god. It was absolutely lovely though.

- Ka-Baam!! was an utter blast. Thank you all that came! Worlds happily collided for me, as jazz friends saw improv friends and other friends - - yea! :)

- Caught Watchmen at the Lagoon.. errrrrrrm. Granted, I acknowledge the geniusness of the original work, and visually, the movie was damned impressive. Urrrrmmm... P-Bau put it best: "I think I just figured it out. Summing up this movie in two words: Blue junk." Heh.

- I guess I didn't quite 'get' what Mr. Snyder was trying to do. And the music choices were either atrocious or even more I-don't-get-what-he's-trying-to-do. Jesus. "The Sound of Silence" for a burial? Seriously? Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" as we fly to the 'secret lair' - - Jesus. F@#* YOUU, Mr. Snyder. (unless, I just didn't get it. Were those seriously your choices? really?? What?) Gross.

- That being said, the opening credits were really pretty. "Times, They are a'Changin'" by Dylan. That worked for me. All the rest: non.

- However, the friends in the audience of Watchmen made it much much nicer. :)

I'm curious to hear/see the backlash or the love.

Tonight! More stuff! Looking forward to fun, mostly. :)

Onward.

No comments: