Thursday, March 26, 2009

oh, for yes.



Don't you want to be with them? Don't they seem lovely? I think they probably are. Isn't that good? :)

(I also love how the drummer seems to have recently have gotten some sun. Rock n' roll indeed.) :)

Tonight was dinner with friend Jen: we ended up at the Town Talk Diner, which exceeded expectations. Zzzzzoooom!!!! Goodbye, expectations! Holy crap. Per twitter, I don't know if I want to eat there, or work there. So much damn fun. We sat at the bar: I fully recommend this, and also fully recommend chatting with your bartenders, as they are people in the know. And just amazing and good. :)

- The Town Talk is (sorta) known for it's alcoholic shakes and malts. The bartenders kept offering us the leftovers of their mixes, which reminded me of my dear friend Dave back in college, who would kindly offer the ends of his bong hits.

- We shared the Truffle Mac n' Cheese and the Roasted Root Vegetable salad. Yea for sharing! And also, yea for carrots, whom I generally I am wishy washy about, but rocked this salad hard.

- The chef has a curly-Q mustache.

- There's a television above the door, which was on the Food Network the entire time. Delicious! It was Iron Chef: Bacon.

- I got one of the last three classes of the Shiraz, and then one of our bartenders helped me out with some more. Again, we were spoiled silly.

- BANANA SPLIT DESSERT! I adore banana splits: this was.. geez. The bananas were wrapped in sugared wonton wrappings and deep fried. The ice cream was homemade. The bartenders suggested a black pepper stout as a pairing (and offered us samples of another beautiful stout along the way). Hells to the yeah.

- Jen and I chatted about what we chat about, and then a bartender would come check on us, offer some delightful conversation and deliciousness, and onward went the night. Flippin' dreamy.

- We tipped our bartenders a ridiculous amount. They deserved it and more.

- Upon leaving, I got to yell "Thanks, Chef!" to said gentleman. That, is always fun. :)

So - - yes. If you have a special-ish occasion, or even just want to have some damn fine food and some damn fine alcohol, please get thyself to the Town Talk. (Note: they play their music at bar level. However, their music is good. It is not a solemn place. It is a social place. And it is fun to be that, if only for a night.) I have a tummy full of ice cream.

After dropping Jen off, I drove a little bit and found the sweetest spot of Mississippi shoreline in Nordeast. I was stupid and didn't bring my cell phone with me (so I did not stay long), but.. the river was up. You could listen to it. I had the company of the Minneapolis skyline and nothing else. It was very very nice. Hoping to go visit again without my winter coat.

It's a two blog day.

Onward.

No comments: