Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturdays and Sundays...

What you do..

- Wake up not as blurry as we should be! Excellent! Onward to the train to the Farmer's Market on the wharf. Holy crap!

- Hot chocolate. Eggs, bacon and baguettes. Berry crepes and the crepes lady. Deborah and the CONE OF PORK! (you can buy a cone of prosciutto for $3. Best cone related food ever.

- We walk on Dave's pier, and watch crabs get fished.

- Unexpectedly, to Tadich's, the oldest restaurant in San Francisco!! Holy Hannah! All of the waiters and bar staff (all waiters, no women working) wear pharmacy coats. Doug makes us brandy alexanders at the bar. I have the chowder. Goodness me.

- Onward to walk and walk and walk and walk.. I have a moment between the financial district and Chinatown, en route to a GAP. This moment consisted of stupid, unrealistic, ungrateful anger. Grrrrr.... It was too much. I couldn't say "That's cool" another time, I couldn't be shown another restaurant or building that would never be visited, but yet be "better" or "cooler". It was a stupid and fussy moment, and so.. more on that later. :)

- We stop by an Old Navy, as Erin has a 30% off coupon to Gap related stores. San Franciscans, as cool and liberal and whatever as they are, also shop at the Gap and have to poop. This was oddly balancing.

- We take the train back, stop by a grocery store, and Erin makes an amazing meal. Goodness. More food, more wine, some Louis CK on their big television. Happy relaxing.

This was the first time that i got to see SF for just a place to live. The sheen happily parted a little, the houses looked like houses. This was a relief. SF is small, SF is pricey, SF is beautiful, SF is a place to be.

Now I'm in the Denver airport, finally catching a flight to MSP. I miss my friends, but get to see friends at home. Whom I miss a crapton.

Hey, I hear it's spring, Minneapolis. Alas. That's something too.

Onward.

No comments: