Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Full of weird chili. My energies have been elsewhere..

All of these things are true. Plus, after my first show, I had to lay down and take a nap (very lucky for the opportunity.. but.. whews) :)

I found out that a position that I was told that I should apply for, and that I'd be a good fit for, was passed to another person. Alas. I do not feel upset about not getting the job; I only feel restless as I had sort of rested my laurels on the possibility of getting this job. And was waiting to see what the world looked like after that. This is no longer an option: time to get back out there. NOW! (which should be fun. Back out there is fun.) :)

Happily dreamy whewwwwww... I brought in my friend, Mr. Dan Rooney, to coach Dr. Rocket (my Six Ring team) in Comedic Movement. How much fun was this? How CHALLENGING was this?

Here is the video - - we learned the beginning of this! Please don't be creeped by the Emmet Kelly make up...



Granted, a video from 1987 may not be the way to make learning this look "cool". But as far as learning another deal, dabbling in another venue of performance -- it was very very cool!

- The gal with a dance background totally shined. Oh, for a dance background! Oh, for body awareness! So cool to watch!

- Breaking down movements bit by bit always sends me for a loop. And most people, I suppose. (And absolutely us improvisers, who find the thing - the object, the gift, the emotion, the game - - quickly and then get wrapped up in our head space and verbals. Just simple physical emotionally driven reactions, all simplified, are so damn hard to us humans, sometimes...)

- This challenge could have been frustrating (I have a group of fairly physical performers), except it's also damned funny - - especially when performed live by your friends, six feet from your face.

- Yea for group learning!!

Watched Tightrope (Jill's team) rock an improv/jazz mash up beautifully, and then escaped with someone awesome to a place called Jimmy's in Nordeast. Beer sticks! Beer! Getting cute-hassled by the bartender and a guy named Angelo. Happy. :)

Lalalalala. My energies are elsewhere. I will focus - - I feel focus coming... I need to focus my focus. Here is to more loveliness, energies being elsewheres while ACCOMPANIED by me focusing too.

Oh heyyyy, the Cody Rivers Show is back in town this weekend. I've missed them every time they've come to Fringe. Yeeeargh! I think I get to see them this weekend! W00t!

I thought I might have more to blather about.. urmmm... It's okay if the blather pauses here. :)

Onward.

No comments: