Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yea for Ratties!!

Really lovely day at the Museum.. Awesome family from Iowa, sunshine, pretty nice as things go.

- Had a quick trial rehearsal with friend Chuck, and I think we've decided to continue to play. Yea!!! :) Rehearsing with Chuck feels like sitting into a fast moving easy chair: very comfortable, very quick. It's a fun thing to both settle in and reach forward. Cool.

- I ate a sandwich from Jasmine Deli. They know what I like. I also desire their soup, but can't drive and eat big bowl soup at the same time.

- Onward to friend Heidi's place for read thru's and rats!

Reasons I like:
- Heidi makes me laugh. She's also one of the few people who will offer me a diet soda. I don't really drink soda, but I like the specificity. :)

- Heidi, beautiful Heidi, has rats! (not pictured) Two big hooded rats and one big white one!



Upon reading , a beautiful graphic novel The Tale of One Bad Rat by Bryan Talbot, I owned a number of rats in college. Reasons I shouldn't have:

- I was in college.

- Nothing endears you to a roommate like a rat escaping into their room to wake them up by crawling all over them.

- I was in college.

But! Rats are excellent rodentia pets! Clever and clean, affectionate and funny. W00t for rats! And w00t for Heidi's rats, who let me pet them, chewed lightly on my fingers, and were just as chill as chill can be. And, one of these rats were FAT. Rats already walk kind of funny. This one dawdled side to side.. funny kid. :)

- Let's celebrate with a quick stop by the CC Club! Done and done!

- Onward to Grumpy's for a beautiful night of PBR and COMEDY!!, finished off by a trip to White Castle. W00t!

I'm dreamy happy, but also super tired and punchy. The poor middle schoolers for my show today weren't ready for me; I wasn't ready for them. Alas...

It turns out that one of my favorite kids (and repeat visitors) is at the Science Museum today! When I hold out my hand to him, he doesn't high-five my hand, he holds it.

Looking forward to tonight. :)

Onward.

1 comment:

Sam Jones said...

Awww, that rat is so cute! If we thought or knew that the punks and the brat (Louis is the brat) wouldn't eat 'em, I'd be just fine with having a rat in house.