Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Oh man, Step 4 got skipped..

Curses! Basically, step 4 is "suit up" and it looks like this (but with a red beret.. not raspberry red.. che guevera red.)

My Six Ring team did a beautiful job last night. I was giddy, tho I had very little to do with it, really. They looked all professional n' shit. Here's to the amazing, funny and loving Dr. Rocket.

Got to hang out a little, which left me all thrilled and happy. Food du jour? Braunschweiger, triscuits, cheddar, tapenade and wine. And Quentin Taranatino trailers. Does it get more awesome? No, indeedy do, it does not. Very lucky.

Woke up before 7 a.m. to be in Roseville around 8:30 a.m.. The Ala Carte gig went fabulously. The melodica performed, for the most part, like a champ. Where the accordion leaves me sore and frustrated, the melodica leaves me only light headed. Whew! I'm going to learn how to circular breathe and it's going to be awesome.

I met a number of pretty dang cool 2nd graders, including one that was 7 going on mom-hood. Everything she proclaimed sounded like a Minnesota mom from Roseville. There was also an awesome and geeky 2nd grader named Greta, who's uncle drew this on her.

Yeah, that's Darth Vader with a lightsaber. Yeah, Greta's uncle has gotta be pretty awesome. Greta told me about her and her friend's love of Star Wars (she's Anakin-generation, not us-generation), and then brought her friend over to discuss clone troopers.

I'm a broken record, but.. I'm really tired. Keep taking catnaps between shows. The next three days promises some serious sleepin' in. Despite my wimpiness, it's been a pretty wonderful couple of days. Yea! Very grateful. Can't wait for more.

Onward.

P.S. Wha-hey!! Ka-Baam!! returns to the Bryant Lake Bowl this Thursday at 10 p.m.! That's right! Tomorrow! Your favorite improvised comic books, complete with drawn on the spot art! Come check us out, we'd be giddy to see you. :)

No comments: