Saturday, March 07, 2009

Man, I like Eagle's clubs...

Wood paneling, cheap Premium, and f'd up Christmas lights? I love you, Eagles Clubs. You are where I would like my hipster whitetrash salvation army wedding of love. It'd be hip and fun and we'd donate to whatever charity you like.. (within reason.. You know)

After my last show at the museum, my voice decided to leave. Take a vacation. It hasn't come back yet. Dammit. It leaves me sad and frustrated. And hampered, handicapped.

- Got some pity Grand Ole Creamery for self, and high fived some little kids. W00t!

- Fell asleep on couch, almost missed show call. Fell on sidewalk ice, spilling recouperative beverage on pants and splitting open finger. Arrrrrgh.

- The wonderful thing about people, especially improvisers, is that, if you start whispering or gesticulating, people will yes, and that and start whispering and gesticulating too. I didn't mean for that to happen, but we're built that way. :)

- Thank you for all the generosity and putting-up-with-ness, you wonderful peeps. I put the Awkward back into Socially Awkward, and the audience did not know what to do with me (as I, truly, did not know what to do with myself.. Hour 4 of having my voice taken away from me). Again, thank you, improvisers of Mixed Tape for your awesomeness and help!

- Someone I like spending time with totally rocked St. Paul's east side. I missed the set, which sucks, but how awesome.

- Filling body with herbs n' crap. I'm about to try the "drink 1-2 oz. vinegar" cure.. I have two shows left today... I'll try to make those happen, but I'm honestly not sure.

I have 5 or so minutes to make a decision re: next show. Argh.

Despite all my crab and crank, it's been a wonderful weekend so far. I should not complain, but I wish I could vocalize how lovely it's been, rather than fertively typed blog missives.

Onward.

No comments: