Monday, February 11, 2008

ah, 6th graders.. I hardly knew ye..

ohhhh...hewwww.... 6th grade. if your kid can grow up and somehow miss 6th grade, i'd probably recommend it. However, they'd miss one of the most unfair and yet most equalizing moments of of our western life.....

* Rod likes Carrie. You know this, 'cause when Carrie walks in the room, Rod declares "you can braid Carrie's leg hair!"... Carrie's cool enough to ignore this. You know it's real, however, when Rod declares "you can braid MY leg hair!" during warm ups.

* I want to tell the boys that girls will respond to conversation and listening, not to tackling. I also want to tell the girl's NEVER GIVE UP or something vague and inspirational, cuz high school is coming, and that cld be dangerous.

* Playing the short game "dear diary" with 6th graders, we've gotten suggestions such as Harriet Tubman and Anne Frank....sigh. Funny. Horrible, but funny.

* I kinda have a voice now... I hope it hangs around. I have yoga and wish I didn't drink that fruit smoothie thingie. onward!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Okay...

I've bookmarked you and your back on the reading list.

I've read everything from January 9, 2008 --> forward. You've updated! And I love it!