Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's that time....

Oh man...it's that time of half a century... People I love are writing tributes to this place. Which puts one in a sentimental mood... Hello, indulgence...

***I've been working for this particular locale since Jan. 1999, hired by Robyn Hart to work the box office at Kieren's/Flanagan's Wake. Because of that job, I took my first improv class (under the dreamy Matt Craig). Pls know...it's a place that will break your heart if you let it. But... also.....

*** almost every important relationship since the age of 22 that I've been lucky enough to be a part of has directly/indirectly come from being involved with this place. Strange to say but true!

*** It gave me mentors (Jenni being the first example, followed by many more)

*** it took a chance, & let me teach

*** it introduced me to being a performer

*** it taught me to be myself & be ok with that.

***it taught me some bravery, and made me laugh til I cried over & over again....

*** I am who I am and do what I do because of this place. And that's something. It'll break your heart... But it's worth it, for those you'll meet & what you'll do. Crazy, indeed.

*** ... And this place I'm talking about is-- the Green Mill. (nononononono) See you guys at the party!! :)

*** I'm at the BLB tomorrow night spoofing Russian Lit and 80's sitcoms at 7pm. Also, cottage cheese is insanely delicious.

*** onward.

1 comment:

LRM said...

Matt Craig was/is all kinds of dreamy!