Saturday, March 22, 2008

And then..

It's still snowing. We live in a snow globe. Yes, it's pretty. But wow. I don't believe in grass anymore. I don't believe we live in a place that makes leaves or warm breezes. And now that I've accepted that as part of my world view, it's oooooohkay.

I love the British "Office" - - it's horrible. It's wonderful. It makes me squirm. The USA "Office" comes soon by netflix, for comparison. Ah...poor Tim. (Martin Freeman makes me unbelievably happy. Actually, the whole silly cast...)

I'm doing grown up things, like booking a hotel for my mom and myself in Iowa City, and using my AAA membership discount. See how exciting things get? I AM excited to travel south and be with family peeps - - My sister's going to spoil us, we get to see a toddler (super duper holiday fun), and just be together for a while. Nice. Iowa City = purty.

My mom also traveled for a long distance by herself for the first time!!! I am super duper duper proud of her!! (Getting married at 22, there wasn't much chance to do things like travel or live alone. After around 36 years of marriage, those things can be kinda scary. YEAAA mom!!!)

'Had a wonderful dinner last night. It's interesting, getting what you kinda hoped for, but not sure after you got it, wondering if it's what you truly wanted. Eh. It's really really good for now, I think.

Got a call from the Crisis Company, a theater company which helps to train emergency workers and cops. I auditioned for them last year, but didn't have the time to complete the training/do the gigs. They called yesterday, which was nice of them. So.. onwards to early morning training. And Science Museum (hi Clarence!). And then, to IOWA! w0000000t, indeed.

Onward. :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

"We live in a snow globe." I love that description.

Safe travels, Jen.