Friday, March 07, 2008

Bald Eagles and Knocked Up...

The Mississippi river is steaming. It looks amazing, but we know it's happening because it's ass-cold out today. Mer.

There are also bald eagles over the Mississippi right now. I saw one yesterday. Although I didn't see the behavior, I guess they're doing they're "mating tumbles" and the like. Very very cool. Saw a brief presentation featuring taxidermied eagles at this morning's meeting.

-20 windchill, -5 morning. Thank god the sun was out. Maybe, collectively, we've forgotten about spring, and therefore spring will never exist for us (you know, group mind and what not... this could suck)

Said all-staff meeting was charming and fine and much too early. I'm glad the staff was peppy. It helped.

Watching "Knocked Up" last night (the extend-y way too long 'director's cut'). Some of it was funny and charming (good cast) - - I went between "I believe that! That's a fabulous example of how shit works" and "No way no how. Seriously?" - - actually, for a hollywood movie, that's not a bad ratio. As nice as it was that he did, my practical embittered side (i.e. the part of my mind that my mom inhabits) wouldn't believe that a guy would clean up his act that much, and that quickly. Sorry, romanticish comedy. But.. I laughed. I watched the whole thing. I can't wait till I get me some more BSG.

Seth Rogen is a.. mystery to me. His voice frrreaks me out. It's the voice of your dad. It's the voice of your uncle. It's Fred Flintstone and Jackie Gleason. And then, that voice talks about weed and boobies or tries to be sincere and humble and my mind flips just a bit. I can't tell if he should do animation (which I know he is - - "Horton Hears A Who"), or if his voice is just too big for an animated character.

I can start counting down stuff. Work at the SMM, and then a Mystery Cafe gig. Run an errand, work at the SMM, and then a Bingo get together (which should be lovely). Lunch with Jim, teach with youth, rehearsal and then POW! Hi Portland. I hope the transformative power of Portland will magically effect Mpls, and it'll be warm and glowy. (or perhaps, warm, wet, grey and rainy - - i'd go for that too.)

I guess I have my marching orders.

pssst... where should I go live?

Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wanna just squish me into your suitcase and transport me to another life for a little while? Diapers and midnight feedings (yes, still, my little one-year-old) and dishes and laundry will still be here when I come back. Just a few days??? Please??? Have fun in Portland!