Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What I meant to say...

I knew there was stuff coming..

- Called my mom tonight to try and figure out Easter accommodations in Iowa City this weekend.

* We decided that it was a good thing we were going to Iowa City, even if it wasn't the smartest, most logical thing. Mom is worried about holing up in Sioux City, and never leaving the city... so this is a little scary and good. And she said that she's in the mental state to do so, as she wasn't last year or even last fall.
* We talked about the afterlife. We've never talked about this sort of stuff before.. ever. She said she didn't know. She hopes that there's loved ones waiting on the other side, but she didn't know. I agree with her, and told her that I'm glad that we're in the 'I don't know' camp, rather than firmly on one side or the other. We can only listen to what we've been told, and if it's a construct of the mind, that's okay, but.. we can hope.
* It was good, and I cried a little. My mom rocks.

- Got to see Sue and Josh and play Scrabble at the Turf Club.
* Travel Scrabble is brilliant, as are $15 pitchers.
* We were 3/4ths of the way through our game, when "Sirens of Titan" started up. Bwahahaha! Insanely loud, fairly well done metal, with a late thirties kicking ass long haired female lead. The 30+ boys listening were very happy.
* Bad Puppet! I made a puppet today during kids' class, and gave it to Sue. Bad Puppet hangs well with the heavy metal and the Turf Club. Watch out for Bad Puppet.

Very lucky, very happy night. Talked about recent happenings with Sue (more of an update than anything else) and was just happy to be there. :)

.. onward. :) Bon nuit.

No comments: