Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stupid is as stupid does... I'm amazingly stupid.

Welcome to Portland! Trash yourself beyond recognition, make a couple of questionable choices, and then spend a full day in a classroom, trying not to puke in the corner. Nice job, Jen!

So... yes. Portland's beautiful. The people are nice. There's a theater scene. The architecture's lovely. The only people they don't like here are the Californians.

First successful day at OMSI was celebrated at the Bridgeport Brewery, over delicious beer and some group sing-a-longs (which were wonderful!). Onto the Doug Fir, where I met some baby locals (21? 22 years old - - lovely to chat with) and then some other locals. Steph and I follow other locals to another bar, and then to a convenience store, and then, continued to stay up into the hinter hours. Stupid. Questionable... I am not a fan, and not a fan of myself. Not cool.

Miss the bus over, race to OMSI, sweated and suffered through a day, threw up (three times). Stupid. However, past 6 p.m. and some semi-napping, things have been lovely. Walked through downtown Portland, bought toothpaste and cupcakes, walked through the Pearl, walked into Northwest. Saw Steph and David!!!!! :) Ate at a McMenimans (sp?). Caught up with Steph and Tim. Went out for one. Tonight - - I am a fan of you. Last night, I acted like an idiot and then paid for it - - stupid girl. Tonight - - you have given me hope.

Tomorrow should be lovely. I'm going to avoid asinine behavior like the plague. I hear it's nice in Minnesota, and that's a nice thought. However, it's really nice here. Grass is green, the food is amazingly good, the people are nice, and I hope to enjoy it and not act like an idiot. Wish me luck.

Onward!

No comments: