Monday, March 31, 2008

Nice weekend... busy, but nice...

We did it! But it was really nice.

- Friday night Stitch n' Bitch. Brought wine and chocolate, Laura brought the crackers and cheese. *squeeeee* Lovely! Shared the red wine with Craig, and then..

- Missed Davey's ComedySportz show. :( But got into Neutrino for free! Many thanks! Yea. Another glass of red. Delish!

- Damon yells at me in the parking lot. We end up at the Independent. I've never been to the Independent at "bar time". It's weird and a crowd/bar I don't generally hang with (which makes for some pretty excellent people watching), but the company is lovely. Knowledge of an early morning rehearsal on Saturday starts to worry me.

- Saturday early morning Stich n' Bitch. It's good! I have a solid case of the stupids and the shakes (classy, Jen) , but 'am not hung over. I am luckier than I deserve. The stupids cause me to leave my cell phone at home. ahhh.

- Onto the Science Museum. Got told, by a Jewish grandpa, "You're a good little actress", which sounds not as sweet and wonderful as it was... Made me pretty darn happy and proud. Yea for Clarence, my nazi-husband, who then went and cheated on me with his other nazi-wife on Sunday.

- Got to have a lovely evening, met some new people, ate some Indian buffet, fell asleep to "Hero" (you know... Andy Garcia, Geena Davis, Dustin Hoffman - - which makes me giggle a little that we watched "Hero"). Spoke of smart things and science and America and politics and food, and we all smoked a single cigarette afterwards. Made me want to do such things all the time. So nice. :)

- Sunday morning filming with Harry! And Clarence! And Davey! And the boys! Yeaaa! I got to play an icey-bitch. So I wore blue eyeliner. That is my motivation. ;)

- Mock Duck sandwich. (I'm the sheriff! I keep forgetting that I'm wearing the badge my sister gave me. The owners of Jasmine Deli are awesome...) Talked with my sister, who told me of the horrible horrible thing that happened in Iowa City on Easter Sunday. Horrible. (a man killed his family, systematically... trying one way, and then resorting to another). Fucking horrible. It's something unprocessable, but that's all we can do with it.

- And onto Stitch n' Bitch rehearsal, which was good and great. So much fun - - I love, working with Craig and everyone, this process. Also, I'm knitting a wine-bottle cozey.

- Adorable rehearsal, which Lauren gave us such good stuff. GOOOOOD STUFFFFF. I had to bow out of watching FMJ, to go practice with Davey. Which was gooooood too. :) So much fun. These people make me cry from giggles. Got to be a spider with Josh and played with metaphors. *mmmmmmmsmooch!*

- Onto one of the best meals I may have ever had in my life. At the Red Stag - - duck and pork and smelt fries and squash ravioli and wine and DESSERT and oh good lord. Utterly spoiled, by the treats and the company.

- Onto home, dazed and happy.

Not a weekend that feels like it was defined by a weekend, but rather a series of rather lovely events, punctuated only by when I decided to stress or worry or be grumpy.

Today, it's workin' on the house day. Hi house. Let's get clean please. Let's paint also. (exciting, no?) I'm then going to exercise and then travel to Uptown.

Onward.

No comments: