Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm here... Rhyme along...

Flew into San Fran about two hours late (i.e. arrival at 1:30a.m. vs 11:30p.m.) 'Talked to guy named Carl who was going to watch his 40 year old son swim from Alcatraz to the coast. I like Carl.

My poor friend who was going to pick me up begged off, as it's about an hour & a half drive from his place to the airport. I took a cab to my other friend's place (he & his newlywed wife -- girlfriend of 7 years -- are currently in France, wine-tasting it up.. :) ) I'm now in their place, enjoying their King side bed & bits of the familiar (i.e. "this is so dave..." We don't really change much, do we... I'd like to hope & think we get better..)

Cab ride here was filled with more... well.. bullshit than need be. Friendly (and watched.. I try to be hella careful, watching each turn of the GPS unit in the car, keeping my cell phone close -- my dad was a police science teacher...) car chatter turned into much more boundary pushing than I'm comfortable with... I can laugh off a lot, and he would stop pushing those boundaries when I'd say no, but would quickly start up again. Goddamnit. It was honestly fine, just stupid and unneeded at 1:30 in the morning from the guy I'm depending on to take me to my friend's house (which is actually in the Twin Peaks area). I got out a bit disturbed, angry, perplexed, and unsure how I felt that the cab ride only cost me $60 (I had been told $150 by a friend) ...besides, well, jesus, thank god that only cost me $60. Which made me angry too!

Drowning my disturbances in Fat Tire & Tater tots, until I can relax enough to sleep.

Challenge #1 for tomorrow: jogging thru this area for fun!... It may kill me. Them some hills.

Challenge #2 for tomorrow: how the hell to get out of this neighborhood. Teee. (my friend did leave me the # for the Yellow Cab)

I'm on my own for most of the day tomorrow, it sounds like. May try to ditch my bags and spook around.

Onward.

No comments: