Monday, June 16, 2008

NE day -1 & 1

Helloooo from the Rodeway Inn in Norfolk,NE...

Yesterday involved:

- An absolutely lovely breakfast.. :)

- Taking Pickles to his dog sitter. Kim is amazing. Pickles will be hanging out with a yorkie named Diesel. Diesel might teach Pickles to dance. Pickles may also be hanging out with a couple of labs and a couple of pitbulls.. This may blow Pickles' mind.

- Meeting Haynes, sleepy Kristine and Davey at the Workshop, loading into Haynes' truck and we're off!!!

- To Mankato! To a rest stop! To LeMars, Iowa (the Ice Cream Capitol of the WORLD... I purchase some Wells Blue Bunny paraphanelia *sp?*, and we all take in the bikers..)

- To.. my mom's in Sioux City.. (yea!!!) ohhhhh... My mind is lightly blown... Mom makes loosemeat sandwiches and cheesecake (which is exactly the meal we ate for my high school open house), and Davey is slightly weirded out when I clear his plate. I am slightly weirded out when I clear his plate. Old habits.... (guests sit, Scotts' feed u...) But he handles it excellently and thus begins the never-stop-eating portion of our trip. Hi Mom!!! :)

- A mere two hours into NE (through the pretty rolly hills part) and we are in Norfolk.

- We are staying at the Rodeway Inn.. One of the organizers of the festival takes us to dinner at a place Whiskey Creek. "It's a peanuts on the floor sort of place" she explains, and it's weird that we all know exactly what she means. Waittress Amy B. prods us if we have any birthdays in our group coming up, and Davey handles being chanted and clapped at brilliantly. (bwahahah!) So far, admittedly, this has been delightful!

- Workshops begin today. My voice is questionable, so having my own room has been lucky and hopefully healing. Time to act like a grown up... (i.e. Turn off the Tom & Jerry cartoons I'm watchin'...)

Onward.

No comments: