Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Norfolk NE, day 2... no... 3...

Welcome to Wednesday, here in Norfolk! What I've learned:

- Norfolk can be pronounced both as Nor-folk, or as Nor-fork (which is how I originally learned it, figured I had learned it wrong, but alas.. Norfork is more than acceptable.)

- Under no means take the $.99 margarita as a good idea. Under no means have two because they're cheap.

- Rice crispie bars are better here.

- Runzas still make Runzas!!! A runza is a local dish... like a calzone that you can pick up, or like a pastie with a bread crust (instead of pie crust). Runzas are generally filled with ground chuck and cabbage. They are still delicious.

- Every man between the ages of 21 and 35 here is blond, built, and possibly works construction. It's getting to the ridiculous stage. Even the guy who gives speeches to teens on abstinence -- blonde, built, unnecessarily tan, has probably worked construction.

- I have eaten too much red meat. My disgestive track feels like there's a veal farm growing inside of it. Despite my love of the runza, IT'S TOO MUCH! IT'S TIME FOR THIS TO STOP.

- Johnny Carson lived at 306.

More to come... Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have a vivid memory of you eating Runzas at the mall. I usually picked the cheapo Taco Bell option, but always admired that you ate grown up things like runzas and baked ziti. :) Go, Jen!